The library-branch No. 1
The library-branch No. 1 was organized in the district of the Silk Fabrics Combine in 1978.
To date, the library is an information and cultural center that provides services for the adult population of the micro-district.
During the year the library serves more than 3300 readers: students, students of schools, colleges, teachers and specialists, pensioners, etc.
The total fund of the library is over 14,900,000 copies, including 3504 in the Kazakh language .Every year the book fund of the library is replenished with new books, the library also issues periodicals: more than 80 titles, including 35 in the state language.
The library actively cooperates with organizations and enterprises of the district: secondary school № 24, secondary school №26, secondary school № 44, secondary school № 45,46, local hospital, UVC for children with disabilities, kindergardens "Rainbow" and "Rakhat".
During the year, the library organizes various events and book exhibitions for readers.
The activities of the library are provided by highly qualified specialists .It is a united professional creative team, the priority of which is an individual approach to each reader, contributing to the spiritual growth of the reader's personality through the promoting an inexhaustible source of inspiration and knowledge - a Book.
To quick search of information, and to satisfy user requests, all library processes are automated.
• Loan of documents for temporary use;
• Access to the universal reference device - electronic catalog;
• Issuing materials to the home - a security deposit;
• Home library loan for readers with disabilities;
• Organization and holding events for promotion reading, improving the information culture, organizing leisure;
• Organization of watching video and movies;
• Information support for lessons, seminars, conferences, events for students and teachers;
• Individual information on the subject of reader;
• Bibliographic references;
• Access to external and internal databases;
• Access to the database "Electronic books", "Audiobooks", "Abstracts", "Presentations", etc .;
• Provision of information from the legal reference and search database "Zan";
• Access to the database Republican Intercollegiate Electronic Library (RIEL);
• Access to ELS" Lan";
• Access to the Internet and Wi-Fi;
• Virtual reference service "Ask the librarian";
• Electronic delivery of documents;
• Extension of the use of books online through the site www.kitaphana.kz;
• Making copies of printed materials from the library's funds;