Medvejya Street, Burov
Street is named that way because in 20 is considered as the most faraway street in city and took its beginning by Medvyejy peninsula. Before 1914 the left side of the street was only improved and barren stretched further. In years of World War 1 builders began have constructing its right side.
Large wooden control building of Ridder’s Railways was kept as the main site of the street for a long while. Through narrow-gauge line in Ridder, then even Glubokoye, Zyryan’s ore were being conveyed for recycling from Ust-Kamenogorsky Pristan by water ways. Many citizens could recognize it as polyclinic. Some time before structure contained “Altaiscvetmetrazvedka”, trust formed in 1940, considered as think factory of geology in Ore Altai,which is predecessor of East Kazkhstan geological board. Pyotr Pyotrovich Burov was life and senior engineer of trust. Burov as graduated from Leningradsky Mining Institute was directed to work in Ridder and later headed geological party.
After searching work Burov and his fellows had valuated polymetallic ore reserves and discovered some new ones that made solid rough material sources to Leninogorsky Polymetallic Plant. After investigation of Leninogorsky minefield Burov contributed to geological surveys on Zyryanovsky minefield, organized researching activities on Nikolaevski minefield. No person loke him have done so much as he did for discovering of Altai.
Burov just burned himself out at 42, during his bussiness trip to Moscow in 1944. In order to internize the memory of him Medvejya street was renamed into Burova in 1946.
No one would not find a wooden structure of polyclinic; it moved to brick building. Next to it, the building of Territorial region of State Mining Inspection , however a century ago Ust-Kamenogorsky Finishing Ore Dressing and Mine Groupping Plant “Kazolovo”. Multistoried houses replaced private ones.