Andreevskaya street, Mira street, Golovkova
Initial name of Mira Street is Andreevskaya. Andreevskaya street rose from Irtysh, ran by market place (bazaar), fire station and ended with the city’s barren. Just here, in 1889, political exiles constructed a park which was named after Zhambyl. Manufacturers Makhanov and Bryukhanov settled first here. They lived in clover and nobody could even dream to erect a house next to theirs. That is why the space between Krepostnoi and Mechetsky lane (now Krylova and Karl Marx streets) lied empty for decades and began being explored since Soviet system is enthroned. There were also ancient buildings of dramatic theatre named after Jambil (former House of Folks) and ethnographic museum (former male college).
In 1886 the high building of best for that time male’s college was built. Its front had access to Soborny square. Up to World War this construction gave a home to various educational institutes. During war base hospital was housed in this building. After war ended till 60-ies there were surgery and then evening school in that building. New life is given to the house when it was brought to oblast ethnographic museum.
House of Folks was erected next to it. Convict Inkov who set up a primary drugstore in the city, had constructed his house opposite House of Folks. Inkov’s house later transformed into theatre for working youth at 60-ies, Orthodox Church from 40 to 60-ies( nowadays building of Party archive). One-storied stone groggery in 30-ies was reequipped as 2-year medical school. It was placed opposite to the electrotheatre.
At military times at the corner with Pozharny lane exiled Czechs built a masterpiece of architecture – chine shop that is full of different crockery. “Altai” restaurant was placed for a long time there, then an exhibition hall of oblast ethnographic museum.
At the end of Andreevskaya street there where it landed famous of its future building of city’s prison overlooking the town. Later building was destroyed and framed a new.
In 1920 Andreevskaya was named after Lenin. In the end of 50-ies, when town is built with Lenin Prospect it named Mira street. Now it is the quitest and the greenest streets of city.