Nikolsky, Ushanov streets
Nikolskaya Street appeared in the second half of 19th century. It was built over from Irtysh banks. Local authorities settled here – they were police officer, district superior, chieftains, station officers.
Behind sennoy bazaar agricoles made it aside to mountains. The only place worth seeing was the building of pedagogical secondary school.
Nikolskaya bore the name of Trotsky temporarily. Afterwards Nikolskaya was renamed as Ushanova in honour of city’s Sovdep’s Chairman. It changed beyond recognition. Head of the street in riverside where mass grave is placed. After Soviet System had been recovered the bones of dead rebellions during revolt in 1919 and 26 undergrounders of Karash, Samar region shoot down in Ust-Kamenogorsk in July, 1919 were replaced into the bed of honour.
In the place of former bazaar in the second part of the 50-ies Lenin’s Square had been laid out and on 6th of November, 1958 was established a monument to him. House of Soviets had been laid in 1961 and in 7 years was put in commission. Builders ended their work over Policy House in 1973 and Connection House in 1959 adjoined by top-heavy structure of “GlavVostokStroy”. 1961 – the year of the first production in Ust-Kamenogorsky Appliance Factory situated here.
Instead of small wooden and adobe houses new multi-storied houses built. Street is greeny and asphalted nowadays. In 1958 tramway lines were laid and connected Ust-Kamenogorsky station with Zaschita, Vostokmashzavod, CSK.
In 1970 city had access to Left Bank of Irtysh via street. Yet in 1980, city enjoyed the biggest supermarket of its own called CUM for now.